that's not going to save you from any troubles.

did you read the jquery docs about on() ?

especially

*Event handlers are bound only to the currently selected elements; they
must exist on the page at the time your code makes the call to .on().* To
ensure the elements are present and can be selected, perform event binding
inside a document ready handler for elements that are in the HTML markup on
the page. If new HTML is being injected into the page, select the elements
and attach event handlers *after* the new HTML is placed into the page. Or,
use delegated events to attach an event handler, as described next.

and what it follows ?

esp. the difference from

$( "#dataTable tbody tr" ).on( "click", function() {
    alert( $( this ).text() );
});

and

$( "#dataTable tbody" ).on( "click", "tr", function() {
    alert( $( this ).text() );
});