Hello,

I have a process that takes a while to run, up to 30 minutes. If I kick off
the process without a task scheduler, all works great and once the tasks
returns it redirects to a page with the results. The problem is, I can only
do this one at a time in the same browser. While the task is running in
Chrome, if I tried to open up another tab with the website it will just
spin until the original tasks returns.  I can open up the site and start a
new tasks in IE/Firefox/Opera though.

This is a problem as my users need to be able to kick this process off
multiple times in the same browser. It is an internal software build
application interfacing with Jenkins and they may need to build 6 different
things and do not have 6 different browsers to open up or the time to do 6
sequentially.

I tried using the Web2Py Task Scheduler to get around this but am running
in to the same issue.  After the task is scheduled, I need something to
wait for the task to return. If I just sleep and periodically check on the
task, than the issue with using the same browser happens.

Any ideas on how I can get around this? After a scheduled task returns
would there be a good way to have the main web2py application redirect the
session but not have web2py just spinning waiting for the task to return?