On Tuesday, September 30, 2014 3:42:41 PM UTC+2, Pengfei Yu wrote:

> Hi Simone,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I used the solution from the web2py document site:
> http://www.web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/13/deployment-recipes, in
> section "Start the scheduler as a Linux service (upstart)". After I started
> it, the status check (sudo status web2py-scheduler) shows that it is
> already started:
> ubuntu@ip-172-31-41-2:~$ sudo status web2py-scheduler
> web2py-scheduler start/running, process 16262
>

> Interesting thing is that when I restart web2py-scheduler again, it works
> out. The previous worker didn't show up in the db_scheduler_worker table
> but the current one shows up.

well, solutions are "ready to use" but to check nonetheless ^_^'

> May I have another question? We are planning to use the power of
> distributed system cluster with multiple EC2 instances for this project.
> May I ask if the tasks in the scheduler just use different thread in a CPU
> or it can also be designed to use different cores or nodes with multiple
> processors? (From this post:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/web2py/WlhvelFu8-Q, it seems the
> scheduler can be adapted for multiple cores). And if that is the case, is
> there any special design on web2py scheduler itself for the communication
> between master instance and others?

each scheduler instance is a process. there's no piece of code in earth (in
any programming language) that'll make a program go on a specific
processor: that's something only the underlying operating system manages.
The only communication needed is the connection to the db.