I have a site at http://netdecisionmaking.appspot.com  and related code at
https://github.com/NewGlobalStrategy/NetDecisionMaking. It demonstrates an
asynchronous group decision making solution using web2py.  Moving group
decision making online seems to be an opportunity.  The internet
transformed communication from the synchronous telephone to asynchronous
messaging and websites.  To date no such revolution has taken place in
group decision making with meetings, discussion and voting continuing to
prevail despite the explosion of social networking solutions.  We now have
MOOCs so why not MOODS (Massively Open On-line Decision Systems)?

The site is geared to providing a more structured approach to group
decision making to complement existing mechanisms.  This could
provide an alternative approach to deciding the way forward for web2py or
anything else that a group are interested in.  If anyone has time to either
feeback directly on the site or reply here that would be appreciated.

The latest version features rudimentary integration with jointjs and
networkx for making and visualising links between questions and actions and
laying out a network for an event and it includes the haystack plugin for
full text search which has been roughly modified to support GAE as the
search back-end.  It is still very much a work in progress and a long way
short of providing a platform to run the world but small organisations may
find it useful to make group decisions without meetings or to focus
meetings on points of genuine contention.

The site also has some deployment of boostrap3 which I generally like -
however neither formstyle seems to support the existing std 3 column layout
so it would be good if this could become available.

I was also hoping that SQLFORM might get some more html5 datatype widgets
available such as the range control which I also like before it was
deprecated - I think the new approach(s) needs to become somewhat
established, explained and clearly better before the old ones cease to be
developed. Some examples of alternatives with more being done client side
using various frameworks would be helfpful.  Concern is that you raise the
bar for users if javascript skills become required to get going.  It's a
great strenght of web2py that you only really need a little python to get
up and running.

Best regards
Russ