Hi,

Same story here. I like *grid*, I like pagination, however I miss the
feature of limiting the total number of rows in the output.
In my case *grid* can easily generate over 1+m rows in the output, which
when paginating by 50 rows per page, would produce 20k+ pages...
Who needs that many pages? Who would click 20+k times anyway?

For instance jumping from the page 19201 to 19202 would eat tremendous
amount of resources and may take 20+ sec to complete on my low resources
server...

In my scenario an easy workaround would be to sort by date (orderby
parameter in the *grid*, which works well and I'm glad it's there) and then
display, lets say 1000 rows in total. That would yield 20 pages when
paginating by 50 rows per page - excellent.

So I wonder why don't you let the user to decide, how many rows one needs?
Why it's all or nothing? If there is orderby, why then limitby is missing?
:/