I web2py/applications I have 3 applications 1 application 'dbmodel' that
contains the .table files in the databases folder
and static files in the static folder, 1 application 'my' that serves as a
backend and 1 application 'init' that serves as
a frontend.

As a way to reduce memory usage webfaction recommends a symbolic link to a
static-only application which serves the
contents from the static folder of my application 'dbmodel'.

I have the following table definition:

db.define_table('img_logo',
    Field('nodeID', 'reference nd_node', ),
    Field('imageFilename', length=128, writable=False, readable=False),
    Field('image', type='upload', requires=[IS_IMAGE(extensions=('gif',
'jpg', 'jpeg', 'png'), maxsize=(256, 128), error_message='Afmeting:
maxWidth is 256 pixels maxHeight is 128 pixels. File format: gif, jpg,
jpeg, png'), IS_LENGTH(32*1024, error_message='File size overschreidt 32
KB')], label='Logo * ', autodelete=True),
    migrate = False)

In the backend application I have a function which lets the user can upload
a logo file. In the function I have the following
settings:

folder = 'nodeID' + str(nodeID)
 db.img_logo.image.uploadfolder = os.path.join(request.folder, 'uploads/%s'
%folder)

To do what Webfaction recommends I wonder whether it is possible to upload
the logo file to:

/applications/dbmodel/static/uploads/foldername

instead of:

/applications/my/uploads/foldername

Kind regards,

Annet