Hi Niphlod,

I am a newbie to unittests, Eden unittests, postgis, postgresql and its
drivers which is why I had come asking for help. Anyhow, I appreciate your
input.

Many thanks

On 15 October 2014 03:55, Niphlod <niph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 14, 2014 11:50:45 PM UTC+2, ArnvShrma wrote:
>>
>> Hi Niphlod,
>>
>> I tried using psycopg2 but there are few reasons because of which I can
>> not use it. I am currently deploying travis CI to run Sahana Eden unit
>> tests. psycopg2 fails a few of the tests which it really should not. You
>> can see the build here [1].
>>
>> [1] https://travis-ci.org/arnavsharma93/eden/jobs/37883503
>>
>> So, any temporary fix of running pg8000?
>>

> web2py does not maintain pg8000 (although its developer is a contributor
> to web2py's code). Contact him about the issue on the json type.
>
> Also, it seems that most of the errors (web2py doesn't maintain Sahana
> Eden either, and I'm not a developer or Sahana Eden) comes from lat/long
> differences from fixed values (again, probably, related from a quick
> copy/paste unittest suite than a carefully built one)
>
> If only people could READ unittests instead of pointing out failing ones
> as actual failures....world will have less headaches.
> E.g.:
>
> 26.0729016786571 != 26.072901678657075
>
> let's confront them carefully...
>
> 26.0729016786571
> 26.072901678657075
>
> yep. psycopg2 returns the same value than pg8000, only with a lesser
> precision, estimated in roughly...wait, let's do calcs.
> 26.07291 to 26.07292  equals to 1 meter. Every digit you loose in precision,
> adds up roughly to an order of magnitude...
> meaning 26.0729 to 26.0730 equals 10 meters.
> sahana's tests are complaining about a difference of .... well, much more
> LESS than the dimension a grain of salt (actually, a lot less).
> If sahana is not trying to tie gps coordinates to atoms, psycopg2 is not the
> problem, sahana's tests are.
>
>  --
> Resources:
> - http://web2py.com
> ---
> Google Groups "web2py-users" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/web2py/BfSIbUSPk38/unsubscribe.
> web2py+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

*Arnav Sharma <http://web.iiit.ac.in/~arnav.s/>*
*IIITH*

"If everything is under control, you are going too slow." - Some wise man
with big nerdy glasses.