I am novice in web2py. I am developing an angularjs+web2py web application.
In addition to using web2py to write the APIs, at least at the first stage,
I would like to use the web2py authentication class (i.e., no API approach
for authentication)
and to have it working even when calling the APIs using curl.
Anyhow, I do not want to use decorators to force authentication for the
APIs but I need to
handle it manually (e.g., the some APIs should return different results if
the user is
logged or not logged but the APIs must always return a result).

To clarify, I would like to write something like that:

auth.settings.allow_basic_login = True
@request.restful()
@auth.requires(True, requires_login=False)   # ===> WORKAROUND
def api_auth_test():
    response.view = 'generic.json'
    import gluon.contrib.simplejson
    def GET():
        if auth.is_logged_in():
            return gluon.contrib.simplejson.dumps(dict(results="I am logged"
))
        else:
            return gluon.contrib.simplejson.dumps(dict(results="I am NOT
logged"))
    return locals()

But it seems that the authorization works only if I include an
authorization decorator
which I do not want to add. As a workaround I added the fake decorator
@auth.requires(True, requires_login=False)
and it seems to work but I wonder if I am missing something and if there is
a clean
way to achieve the result. Thanks.

Francesco