Niphlod,
 let me tell you that the "0" is very often interpreted as "disabled" in
computing. For example in "select()"  the famous UNIX system call, uses
that convention for the timeout argument and the "same" happens when you
use the snapshop length = 0 argument in "tcpdump -s 0" which is allowed but
certainly doesn't mean 0 length . It's not spectacularly wrong nor
childish, it's just a common and useful convention.
So, once I did not find this in the documentation, i tried that just as I
tried timeout = None hoping to find it in use.

I understand where you are coming from but tbh i think at this stage it's
too early for a scheduler engine to enforce that behaviour. There are
scenarios where you don't expect applications to block but if that happens
you might want to take different measures to analyse and handle what
happened (while it is still running) and not necessarily to have them
automatically killed. At the end of the day, a large timeout as you
suggest, allows me to achieve the same result but actually doing so is what
makes me feel a bit silly ;)

Anyway, now I understand how it works, thank you.

Kind regards,
Francisco

i did not find this on the documentation and