Please what I can do if I want to display the number of visits to each page of
my site without restricting it to just individual sessions?

Unlike the code below where it displays number of visits for a particular
session, I want a situation where by I can put something like this at my
footer. "Since December 1, this page has been viewed 12499 times". Please help
me with the code if you can, I tried everything possible to no avail.

def index():
    if not session.counter:
        session.counter = 1
    else:
        session.counter += 1
    return dict(message="Hello from MyApp", counter=session.counter)