Web2py book says
>> When a new record is modified, including both insertions and updates, if
a value for the field is not provided, web2py tries to compute ....

For me this works well after UPDATE from SQLFORM.
However, when I use

db.table.insert(sourcefieldforcomputed=value)

computed field remains None ??

What to do to get the expected behaviour?
Should I call the compute function explicitly? Or is it web2py bug? Or...?

Thanks for help. Mirek

Version 2.9.11-stable+timestamp.2014.09.15.23.35.11
Debian/Jessie
SQLite