Hi,

Any hints about how to tackle the following problem greatly appreciated:

given three tables:

*employee*:
id
name

*contract*:
id
start_date
fte100

*employee_contract:*
id
employee_id
contract_id

An employee can have one or more contracs; they are linked through the
employee_contract table.

I would like to find a query that returns the contract details for the
latest contract for an employee;

i've solved a little step of my puzzle and can retrieve the latest contract
by doing something like this:

employee_id = 10

contr = db(   (db.employee.id == employee_id)
            & (db.employee_contract.contract_id == db.contract.id)
            & (db.employee_contract.employee_id == db.employee.id)
          ).select(db.employee.ALL, db.contract.start_date.max())

latest_start_date = contr.contract.start_date.max()

but i need also the corresponding contract.fte100 field.

Can this be done by using the DAL, or should i construct a loop to find the
answer?

Best regards,

Jaap