I do not understand the context of your question. In python you can do:

    d = datetime.datetime(2015,1,29,11,30,00)
    d = d + datetime.timedelta(days = 7)

If a date is in a database you can do the same, you select, add and store
it again. Some databases allow you to do it at the SQL level but not all,
so the DAL does not support this.

Or is your question about the web2py built-in scheduler?