For certain reasons I could not use https for my entire website. I load
content from external domains through javascript, which I do not controll,
and those scripts get blocked by the browser. I would like to use https
only on admin, and I can get apache to redirect only admin to https  by
using this http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Hkz9YqnH config

The redirection seems to work correctly, but then I can't acces admin
interface, because I am getting an exception , which I could read only by
changing this back to default config.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/www/web2py/gluon/main.py", line 435, in wsgibase
session.connect(request, response)
File "/var/www/web2py/gluon/globals.py", line 931, in connect
session_pickled = pickle.dumps(self, pickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

926.
927.
928.
929.
930.
931.

932.
933.
934.
935.

            response.cookies[response.session_id_name]['path'] = '/'
            if cookie_expires:
                response.cookies[response.session_id_name]['expires'] = \
                    cookie_expires.strftime(FMT)

        session_pickled = pickle.dumps(self, pickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)

        response.session_hash = hashlib.md5(session_pickled).hexdigest()

        if self.flash:
            (response.flash, self.flash) = (self.flash, None)

Function argument list

(self=<Storage {}>, request=<Storage {'_vars': None, 'function': 'index',
'c...'folder': '/var/www/web2py/applications/admin/'}>, response=<Storage
{'body': <cStringIO.StringO object at 0..._caller': <function <lambda> at
0x7f0dbcfb3050>}>, db=None, tablename='web2py_session', masterapp='admin',
migrate=True, separate=None, check_client=False, cookie_key=None,
cookie_expires=None, compression_level=None)