Does anyone have a minimal example application demonstrating how to give
the user the option of logging in with either social platforms (at least
Twitter and Facebook) without using janrain, or with the standard
web2py/login?

I've gotten as far as implementing Twitter and FB classes in accordance
with this example
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/web2py/log$20in$20with$20twitter/web2py/S9ukjWz6qMA/4CqQZHVzIDEJ>

(with appropriate updates to URLs, etc.). It seems that the next step is to
use ExtendedLoginForm, which seems to require those classes to have custom
login/logout forms; also, some mechanism is needed to permit the user to
select which login method to use - I'm not certain how to go about doing
this. A minimal example demonstrating how to perform the necessary
authentication/registration/login/logout actions would really be a great
help. Thanks!