This new version is not quite compatible with the web2py but it is easier
to extend. Also it allows embedding arbitrary html and it gets sanitized so
one does not have to choose between markmin syntax or html.

I do not like markdown because run_me and call_me gets rendered as
run<me>me and call</em>me which is very wrong. Also 4*2=2*4 renders as
4<strong>2=2</strong>4 which is even worse. Moreover it does not know how
to handle LaTeX formulas.