With the kind help of support team from PythonAnywhere, I was able to
resolve the problem.

below is the summary of my correspondence with the support team:

Did a clean install of web2py. I first moved the old web2py folder to a
backup.  In a Bash console, like so:

    mv ~/web2py ~/web2py.bak

Then, from the web tab, deleted my web app, and then re-created a new
web2py app.
Then did a copy-paste of all my files from my backup.

Important: At first I got Error "1050, "Table 'auth_user' already exists"
Which was solved by adding "db = DAL(...,fake_migrate_all=True)"

Thanks.