Hi ,

I need to dump some tables from oracle db let's call it *dbo *into sqlite *db
*to allow a "disconnect/offline" mode for an app.

I' ve already done this stuff using cx_oracle, building a cursor, then my
own SQL requests..., now I'm looking to ease those tasks.
[So no problem to connect oracle dbo using cx_oracle even in web2py]

But I'm not really sure about how to do it using DAL :

   1. Once define connexion to oracle dbo is done : (using lazy_tables=True
   to enhance performance as hundred of table have to be read but not for
   each request)
   2. I've read I have to *define_table* manually for each table I want to
   query, (to instantiate table class  and attributes)
   3. In the signature of define_table : I plan to secure the *"read only
   mode"* to *dbo *using* migration = False *and  *fake_migration* = *True *in
   order to never alter the source table : is it correct ? I will specify
*redefine
   = False* for the same reason. By the way , I think there's a mistake in
   the online documentation in

http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/06/the-database-abstraction-layer#Fixing-broken-migrations

   :

   db.define_table(....,migrate=True,fake_migrate=True)
   should be in this context :
   db.define_table(....,migrate=False,fake_migrate=True)

   4. Once *dbo*.table is available, I should use export_to_csv_file method
then
   import_from_csv_file to (re)load *db.table * when needed (synchronisation
   on demand).

Thanks.