Dear Massimo, Developers,

I'm in the process of proposing a package for inclusion in buildroot.
Buildroot unfortunately doesn't embrace the concept of rolling release
so and I'm wondering for a solution.

The basic idea is that if I download the buildroot release 2015.02 in
a year or two, it should download, build and install the same exact
version of software as two year before, so the build could be
reproducible.

Actually, we haven't a policy for older versions of web2py not
considering github tagged releases.

What I'm proposing here is to attach to github releases a working copy
of the web2py sources (with subrepos of course!) so everyone can
download older versions without to much of a hassle.

Unfortunately we cannot rely on github to make that thing for us, so
we should build manually the package and upload it to the release.

Or alternatively, is there another way to have a stable link to web2py
older releases?

Thank you very much!

--
Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo