On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 11:56:33 PM UTC-7, Johann Spies wrote:

> Apologies for my previous email.  I have read the README again and saw I
> had to do a "git submodule update --init --recursive". Now it is working.
>
> Where are the days when I could just do a "hg pull; hg update". :)

There seems to be a lot of love for Git in the world, but the UI doesn't
seem to be the reason.

>From an admittedly biased mailing list:

Am Donnerstag, 19. März 2015, 09:28:19 schrieb Harvey Chapman:
] In the normal, pull, edit, commit, push cycle, they’re not all that
different.
] It’s when things go wrong that mercurial’s simpler, thought-out interface
really shines.
] I don’t need to google answers, the mercurial help is really good and is
easier to understand due to the simpler interface.

But you can access github with mercurial:
] he hg-git extension has made this a non-problem: “hg clone
git+GITHUB_URL”.
(also taken from one of Harvey's posts; he advises setting "intree=True" in
the [git] section of your .hgrc)

/dps