On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 3:24:38 PM UTC-4, Tom Campbell wrote:

> Thanks, Dmitry--some questions.
>
>    1. What does "will take no view" mean for the showtasks() method?
>
> If you return a string or HTML helper object (which includes the grid),
web2py will not look for/execute a view but will simply return the string
or serialized helper directly, so there is no need for a view.

>    1. Why are .load extensions not recommended? There seems to be some
>    history on the list but I don't understand the issues.
>
> The reason you might want to use a .load extension (or any alternative to
the default .html) is in case the same action gets called as a standard
HTML page as well as an Ajax component that gets loaded within a page --
that way you can have two different views (in the later case, you would
typically not extend the layout.html view). The issue to consider is that
when using the URL() function without specifying an extension, the
extension of the current action is propagated, so uses of URL() within a
.load action will have a .load URL, which you may or may not want (if you
don't want the .load extension to propagate, you can simply set
extension=False).

Anthony