There is different issue when embed for into a bootstrap 2.3.2 (at
least)... One that I found were that <form> tag get ripped off... The other
depend of the way the modal form compoenent is included into the main
form... Depending how the widget is write the extra are embed beside the
original input field which don't work in case of a <form> tag since html
<form> can't be nested... Modal don't offer any convenient support à this
level and you have to manage this by yourself... But it is easy, you just
need to use jquery .appendTo() :

Like that : $("#{modal_id}").appendTo("body");

And extract your component modal form which is nested into the main page
form and append it to the body instead...

This is basically what jQuery Dialog is doing out of the box which boostrap
modal don't that make the usage of modal with component in web2py so
difficult...

:)

Richard