not to discredit the efforts, but if you're not going to relinquish the
computed signature to the user, what good does it make over auditing
changes through, e.g., record_versioning ?
If the database is only accessed within your app, your app (and/or your
server) is responsibile of NOT tampering the data. Storing an autocomputed
hash or signage of whatever kind along the row IMHO has absolutely no added
benefits, unless the database is accessed by something else than your app.