Thank you, you are right, right now I have:
def index():
    form = SQLFORM(db.X).process()
    return dict(form=form)

and I see the database getting updated with new records.
One last question, I use db.Table1.X to refer to the last entered record.
However, this does not work. How can I make it use the last entered row?