On Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 2:54:15 AM UTC-7, fuuby wrote:

> Hello Everyone :)
>
> I just startet using Web2py and currently I am working on a little
> project. Therefor I want to store data I selected with a
> SQLTABLE(db().select(something)) from my database into a array (each result
> into a seperate array "slot").
> Like I said, I am new to this and dont really know how to tackle this.
> Thank you for your help, sorry for bad english

Essentially, the results of a query is a ROWS object, which is something
like an array (tuple) of ROW objects, which is more like a dict item, each
key being a field name from the select.

I'm not a heavy user of SQLTABLE; my oen example is doing my own query
(db.executesql() is what I use, partly because that query compares some
datatime entries, and then I dump the whole ROWS object into SQLTABLE to
display.  Elsewere, I do queries that don't end up in SQLTABLE, and I
access fields by doing something like

results = db.executesql(query-for-this-action)
if results:
  lastrow = results[-1]
  value   = lastrow['valfield']   # valfield is a field name, whichever one
is of interest.

This is showing you controller-side code, but the view-side version would
be similar, with the '{{' and '}}' wrappers added.

What sort of project are you working on at this point, so we can give more
specific advice?  Have you worked through the examples in the book  (which
is available online; see
<URL:http://www.web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/03/overview#Simple-examples>

Good luck!

/dps