I have *one master app* that handles the *main db, in which the scheduler
tables have been created*.

This master app has a scheduler.py module that looks like this (for now,
with no function tasks defined):

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
from gluon.scheduler import Scheduler
scheduler = Scheduler(db, max_empty_runs=5)

In the other hand, I have *multiple secondary apps*, each one with it's own
db.
All this applications *instantiate the scheduler specifying the central db*,
like this:

def test():
    print 'this is just a test task'
    return True

from gluon.scheduler import Scheduler
db_scheduler = DAL('postgres://user:password@host/centraldb',
lazy_tables=True, migrate=False)
scheduler = Scheduler(db_scheduler, max_empty_runs=5)

Then, *the tasks are queued from the master app*, like this:

scheduler.queue_task('test', period=60, repeats=0, application_name='app1')
scheduler.queue_task('test', period=60, repeats=0, application_name='app2')
scheduler.queue_task('test', period=60, repeats=0, application_name='app3')

Then, I start the scheduler like this (from unix cron, every 5 minutes or
so):

python /home/user/web2py/web2py.py -K app1,app2,app3

I can see the task moves to "RUNNING" state, but *the task stucks running
until the configured timeout*.

Am I using correctly the "application_name" parameter of the "queue_task()"
function?
I assume that the scheduler will pick up the task and check for that field,
so the task function will be called in the context of the corresponding
application.

Notice that the scheduler.py model of the master app doesn't have any
function defined.  Instead, taks functions are defined in the scheduler.py
model of every secondary app. That's why, when I queue a task, I specify
the application_name... However, at the end, the scheduler shows that the
task is running (when it's not actually), and then the timeout.

Any help will be really appreciated!