On Jun 14, 9:03 pm, "Francois (Jersey)"
<francois.ches...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello I am trying to make a page showing a nested list:
> period 1
>   subperiod 1
>   subperiod 2
>   subperiod 3
> period 2
>   subperiod 1
>   subperiod 2
-CUT-
> def show_periods():
>     periods=SQLTABLE(db().select(db.period.ALL))
>     return dict(periods=periods) ##, subperiods=subperiods)

You won't be able to use SQLTABLE() for this.
You'll need something like:
for period in periods:
    <TR>period</TR>
    subperiods = db(db.subperiod.period=period.id).select()
    for subperiod in subperiods:
        <TR>subperiod</TR>

etc

You can do this in either View or Controller - I mixed syntax for the
2 in my example...just trying to get you started...