The first processing is the importing of files which is intensive due to
collecting data on pattern recognition in the files. Similarly, the
processing intensiveness (on stored files after unpickling them) will be
high in application due to extrapolation of the collected data. Larger
files may compound the processing time, and processing large batches of
data would ideally be an option. Clearly I do not have any web development
experience, so I don't know whether converting large or multiple scripts to
javascript could be problematic. So the factors seem to be: how costly GAE
could be for server processing (where the Python is used in the
controller), and if the cost is not negligible, whether it would be worth
attempting to convert and call this code in the browser. Depending on what
it takes to determine those questions, the Python conversion/embedding
process may be postponed.

This sort of information has been difficult to come by or get examples on
so I appreciate your response