home.html
{{from gluon.contrib.autolinks import expand_one}}
{{def find_url(text):}}
    {{s = text.find("http")}}
    {{e = text.find(" ", s)}}
    {{if s is not -1:}}
        {{if e!=-1:}}
            {{url = text[s:e+1]}}
        {{else:}}
            {{url = text[s:]}}
        {{return url}}
        {{pass}}
{{return None}}
{{pass}}

#I know the indentation isn't necessary in view but it helps me keep my
sanity

{{url=find_url(message.message)}}
{{=XML(expand_one(url,cache.ram('mycache',lambda:dict(),3600))) if url is
not None else ''}}

if the message contains a url (i already posted example urls), the
xml(expand_one(url)) line just converts the url to an anchor link. i don't
see the youtube video render, neither do the google viewer thingy show up
for the files. am i missing something? cos i'm sure i've done this like a
hundred times and it's a bit weird. now i feel like i'm a bit lost.