cycle the sessions and delete the ones whose users you'd like to block in a
separate process, or implement your own "blockage" in a model that gets
checked at every request.
The possibility to block a session while it's logged in would probably
never implemented in the core because of the severe performance hits
associated to check for every request if the user is allowed to log in.