Hello,

I am new to the Web2Py, Python stack and am struggling in implementing a basic
form based functionality. Basically, I have a view with two panes - left pane
for input data and right pane for displaying the output. User enters
information in the left pane and I need to pass that information to the
Controller action and send the results back to the view which I need to render
appropriately. The view is made with Bootstrap and HTML and is ready.

I am using AJAX call to send the data from Input Form to the Controller action
as shown below:
<script>
    jQuery('#input_form').submit(function() {
        ajax('{{=URL('process_form')}}',
                ['inputVar1','inputVar2','inputVar3','inputVar4'],
'target_div');
        return false;
    });
</script>

The Controller action in default.py has the following code for now:
def process_form():
    results = request.vars
    return DIV(results)

The 'target_div' is another Form which should display the response/results in a
table for example as:
    <form>
                    <th>Col1</th>
                    <th>Col2</th>
                    <th>Col3</th>
                    <th>Col4</th>
      </form>

When I run this code it simply replaces the entire contents of the
'target_div'. How can I render the response in such a way that it dynamically
generate the HTML as shown in HTML form above with a table containing
appropriate content?

All your help would be greatly appreciated.