The table should reference files that will be small, but may be used as a
basis (perhaps in all possible combinations) for the creation of more
files. So essentially the table should be used for streaming and adding
records, ideally with extensible row customization for other features.

While powertable was easy to start up, my selection appears to be down to
SlickGrid or HandsonTable, thanks to your reference.

With little javascript/json experience, I have been trying to initiate a
SlickGrid table (the difficulty being to initiate the grid in the proper
scope so that both the table functionality and data are implemented). I
have an unanswered post in the SlickGrid forum.

Thank you for your response, as is helpful to provide some traction given
the beginning phase I'm in.