to alleviate the issues, recent sqlite builds feature a mode to activate
that is called "WAL" , which you can read about at
https://www.sqlite.org/wal.html .
you can enable it just executing PRAGMA journal_mode=WAL once in the
database . if you want to do it in web2py, run this code just once

db.executesql("PRAGMA journal_mode=WAL;")