I dropped off the apache train too soon to have any issues with it, but
frankly, given the total sum of issues encountered so far on the forums,
I'm starting to think that we'd need to "officially discontinue" our apache
support.. may be total lack of luck in setting it up or very biased
perspective, or total lack of internal knowledge but it seems that every
problem that pops up with deployments have apache as the common ground.

looks like this is the commit to be blamed

https://github.com/web2py/web2py/commit/2a062a2ff5aa1e07e7bfcfdbf36b7f72e8aac5b4

I don't know the specifics around it but if it acts like it suggests, 1
thread and 1 process as a total sum aren't really worth of a production
deployment.