El 10/08/15 a las 10:11, Paolo Amboni escribió:
> OK I'm waiting for a free certificate.
>
> But what i can't understand is why all the site is https not only the
admin interface.

I told you, some web2py contributor it was best to do it that way in
2015, and everyone else thought it was a good idea, so the install
script was changed so that all http is redirected to https.
Specifically, this config tells apache "redirect all http to https":

https://github.com/web2py/web2py/blob/master/scripts/setup-web2py-ubuntu.sh
<VirtualHost *:80>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
  RewriteRule ^/?(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R,L]
  CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log common
  ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
</VirtualHost>

while the one on the manual just configures http:

http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/13/deployment-recipes#mod_wsgi

|<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName web2py.example.com
  WSGIDaemonProcess web2py user=www-data group=www-data
display-name=%{GROUP}
  WSGIProcessGroup web2py
  WSGIScriptAlias / /home/www-data/web2py/wsgihandler.py

#This is Apache 2.2.x permission syntax. See Apache docs for 2.4 syntax
# http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html#run-time

  <Directory /home/www-data/web2py>
    AllowOverride None
    Order Allow,Deny
    Deny from all
    <Files wsgihandler.py>
      Allow from all
    </Files>
  </Directory>

  AliasMatch ^/([^/]+)/static/(?:_[\d]+.[\d]+.[\d]+/)?(.*)
/users/www-data/web2py/applications/$1/static/$2
  <Directory /users/www-data/web2py/applications/*/static/>
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

  <Location /admin>
  Deny from all
  </Location>

  <LocationMatch ^/([^/]+)/appadmin>
  Deny from all
  </LocationMatch>

  CustomLog /private/var/log/apache2/access.log common
  ErrorLog /private/var/log/apache2/error.log
</VirtualHost>|

> I will study all the deployment chapter of the book to find some clues and
> how to use the new certificate.
> Thanks.

In the manual, or in the script, it configures a self-signed
certificate. You can use the script, or follow the book, but then you
must replace the self-signed certificates

|  SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/server.crt
  SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/server.key

by certificated signed by startssl (only for non-commercial purposes),
or gandi.net, or any other "authority". You must follow their particular
procedure to generate your server.key file and then get the correct
server.crt file.