Il 06/09/15 22:25, kvthie0 ha scritto:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm learning the inner workings of web2py and try to make a custom
> validator called IS_TIME_IN_RANGE (based on the IS_DATE_IN_RANGE
> validator).
I suggest you to test the validator in a web2py console before using
it... in case of errors you'll get the traceback you expect :)

just do theese steps:

1. define your custom validator in a module called customvalidators.py
(for example)
2. open a web2py console with:
    $ ./web2py -S yourapp # (in this case you don't need the model to be
load)
3. import the validator with:
    from customvalidators import IS_TIME_IN_RANGE
4. test the validator with some controlled data that will returns known
results...
    IS_TIME_IN_RANGE()(value)

good luck!

Cheers