Working on a single-page app and trying to ensure that only part of the
page gets refreshed. Doing some tests using LOAD() that look like this:

*file default/new.html:*

{{extend 'layout.html'}}
{{=LOAD('default', 'new.load',ajax=True)}}

*file default/new.load:*

{{if 'message'in globals():}}
<h3>{{=message}}</h3>
{{pass}}
{{=form}}

I added this detection code to* web2py_ajax.html*:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
    // These variables are used by the web2py_ajax_init function in
web2py_ajax.js (which is loaded below).
    var w2p_ajax_confirm_message = "{{=T('Are you sure you want to delete
this object?')}}";
 window.onload = function() {
  console.log('RELOADED ' + Date());
};
//--></script>

But the refresh seems to be called every time I choose the action. However,
when viewing the console output in Chome I get the hoped-for message
starting with:

RELOADED Thu Oct 01 2015 15:36:45 GMT-0700 (PDT)

XHR finished loading: GET "http://127.0.0.1:8000/spa1a/default/new.load";
etc.

What am I doing wrong?