> Note, if you use form.custom.widget.fieldname in a custom form, you still
> get errors displayed automatically (the error is part of the widget
> object). The example linked above shows the hiderror option being used. In
> that case, you are explicitly suppressing the automatic error display (this
> affects standard forms as well as custom forms). In the example shown,
> instead of showing errors within the form itself (the default automatic
> behavior), the errors are manually inserted all together at the top of the
> form.

I have a similar problem, but a bit more complicated... I have a SQLFORM
(form) and a SQLFORM.grid (grid) in one view. The grid can be edited, and
one of the fields uses a custom widget. I have no clue how to get to the
errors of that field to show them properly. If I use the form.errors, I get
only the errors for the 'form'. How do I get the errors for the 'grid'? I
tried grid.errors, but only get an error saying that DIV element has no
attribute 'errors'...

Any thoughts?

Krzysztof.