I installed web2py on 2 ubuntus but I can't use its internal shell on both
machine. On the desktop after a few commands shell issues an error : error
please reload the page and then it's not working anymore
On the laptop shell always answer None whatever the command ?
it seems to me there are issues with virtual fields too depending on the
presence or absence of a  virtual field the same command either works or
crashes web2py:
here is the controller:

def testa():
    rec = db.without_virtual_field(1)
    return dict(a=rec.id,b=rec.name)

this crashes web2py :

def testa():
    rec = db.with_virtual_fieldl(1)
    return dict(a=rec.id,b=rec.name)

I use a function (not lambda) placed in db1 to calculate the virtual field