Although the password isn't stored in the database (which you wouldn't want
anyway), you do receive the plain text password when the user logs in, so
you can grab it then and use it to establish your own connection. In the
model file where Auth is configured:

def ldap_connect(form):
    password = request.vars.password
    [connect to LDAP and retrieve the data you need]

auth.settings.login_onaccept.append(ldap_connect)

Of course, there are other approaches. The point is, upon login, you can
retrieve the password submitted via request.vars.password.

Anthony