Hello,

     I'd like to use statsd with my app. I'd like to time the execution of
a web2py function and various smaller pieces of code. The statsd doc
(http://statsd.readthedocs.org/en/v3.2.1/reference.html#timer) says their
timer decorators are not threadsafe. This means I have to run a bla.start()
before the function and a bla.stop() after it.

     So my questions are:

1. Are there any hooks for this ?
2. Are there any db query hooks for before and after the execution ?
3. Alternatively, what would be a proper way to time code execution in
web2py ?