I tried:
db.mentors.auth_user_id.requires = IS_IN_DB(db, 'auth_user.id', '%(name)s',
orderby = db.auth_user.first_name)
but it had no effect. I read on another question about building and
ordering a set and then using IS_IN_SET on that but I'm not sure how to go
about doing that; can I do a query right below my mentor table definition
in the model? Sorry for being such a noob.