Why use factory rather than SQLFORM with dbio=False?

Anyway, the problem is that when a file is uploaded, its new name starts
with the table and field name from the DAL model, and that table and field
name are then used to locate the file on the filesystem. With
SQLFORM.factory, a dummy DAL table is created with a default name of
"no_table", so the renamed file will start with "no_table" and will not be
found because your db object doesn't really have a table of that name.
Instead, you can explicitly set the tablename to be used:

SQLFORM.factory(..., table_name='person')

Anthony