Now I am sure that this behavior has nothing common with Web2py/wiki code.

If you have an application with Sqlite database, please be patient if you
play with it and decide recreate it so that you delete the content of
database/ folder completly.
In such case delete always sessions/ folder too.

If you start with old sessions/, this will cause this error with auth.wiki
and maybe lot of additional strange errors.

As next step for auth.wiki remember to create the view if you move the wiki
to different controller as default/index (it should containt only/at least
{{=content}} - see book).

I undestand that this error with old sessions is basic thing.
But it can make lot of pain for novices.
Couldn't be possible to implement something into Web2py to prevent such
situation: if database/ folder empty and session/ folder not empty then
halt with message (or delete sessions/ automatically) ....?