Anthony <abasta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [-- multipart/alternative, encoding 7bit, 48 lines --]
>
>     [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: UTF-8, 23 lines --]
>

> > ... and the link from the Simple Examples which says "You can find
> > more examples of the web2py Database Abstraction Layer here" doesn't
> > take you to any more examples, or none that I could see.
> >

> It takes you to an entire chapter of the book on the Database Abstraction
> Layer -- with *lots* of examples.

Yes, I followed it to the book but couldn't see any examples there.
Let me try again....   No, sorry, I can't see any.  I mean I don't
really count things like the following as examples:-

    You can also use explicit quoting of SQL entities at DAL level. It
    works transparently so you can use the same names in python and in the
    DB schema.
    ignore_field_case = Trueentity_quoting = True

    Here is an example:

    db = DAL('postgres://...', ...,ignore_field_case=False,
    entity_quoting=True)

    db.define_table('table1', Field('column'), Field('COLUMN'))

    print db(db.table1.COLUMN != db.table1.column).select()

I mean, that's just a code snippet to illustrate a point.  What I was
hoping for was complete chunks of code that I could load/install and
see the result as a web page.

--
Chris Green
·