On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 4:42:15 PM UTC-8, Henk huisman wrote:

> As we are left to right readers in the western hemisphere, I want to build
> a form grid with variables as rows and e.g. dates as columns.
> This kind of representation is very common and usefull in for example
> medical applications where you want to see the longitudinal results of a
> test.
>
> Patient X
>
> *Test           date1    date2    date3    date4    date5      date6
> date7*
> Hb               7,3        7,5       7,4                     8
>  8,3         9
> HDL             4,5                                5,0
> etc

In the model you would like to keep normalized  data, so Field(Patient) ,
> Field(Date), Field(test), Field(testvalue)
>

> I tried SQLFORM.verysmartgrid(patienttestdata, transform(Date,7) etc but
> that doesn't work...LOL.
>
> Any suggestions how to proceed?

Maybe a javascript package like Datatables or HandsOnTables?  Gives you a
spread-sheet-like functionality, and you copy your row data into the
appropriate cells.

<URL:http://datatables.net/>
<URL:https://handsontable.com/>

/dps