Did you install nginx after running the script?  nginx is automatically
installed by the script, you don't have to do it manually.

If you didn't do that (I could be reading your message wrong), can you post
the following files?

/home/www-data/web2py/routes.py
/etc/nginx/sites-available/web2py

They will tell us a bit about how it is behaving.

-Jim