Yes. Thanks.

But I have used the script from current stable version
2.13.4-stable+timestamp.2015.12.26.04.59.39 and that is bad idea.
With up-to-date script from web2py respository it probably completly works
without problems.
But if you use the older version of setup-web2py-nginx-uwsgi-ubuntu.sh then
you can repair it so, that you find content for /etc/uwsgi/web2py.ini in
same up-to-date script in web2py repository and manually create the .ini
file.

And I should say, I have added your code listed here above for
/etc/systemd/system/emperor.uwsgi.service
I am not sure if this is already in the latest version of script or not
(just run the script and then see...)

After that you can control both
service nginx status/start/stop
service emperor.uwsgi status/start/stop
and all works well.
At least at Debian 8 Jessie.

Note: the description in web2py.com/book is however to old and cannot be
used for systemd.

Dne čtvrtek 11. února 2016 20:12:19 UTC+1 Jim S napsal(a):

> It gets created in the web2py/nginx/ubuntu install script.
>
> -Jim
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Mirek Zvolský <zvo...@seznam.cz
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> I am trying do the same on Debian 8 Jessie and have a question:
>> From where do you have /etc/uwsgi/web2py.ini
>> I have no such file. From that reason your point (5) will fail for me.
>>

>> Dne středa 10. února 2016 14:46:37 UTC+1 Jim S napsal(a):
>>>
>>> I got this working!
>>>
>>> Here is what I did.
>>>
>>> 1. Run the normal web2py installation script for nginx/ubuntu
>>> 2. sudo nano edit /etc/systemd/system/emperor.uwsgi.service
>>>
>>> Add these lines
>>> [Unit]
>>> Description = uWSGI Emperor
>>> After = syslog.target
>>>

>>> [Service]
>>> ExecStart = /usr/local/bin/uwsgi --ini /etc/uwsgi/web2py.ini
>>> RuntimeDirectory = uwsgi
>>> Restart = always
>>> KillSignal = SIGQUIT
>>> Type = notify
>>> StandardError = syslog
>>> NotifyAccess = all
>>>

>>> [Install]
>>> WantedBy = multi-user.target
>>>
>>> 3. Exit and save the file
>>> 4. systemctl enable emperor.uwsgi.service