I installed web2py on a remote ubuntu server 14.04 with Webmin package from
APT function and the same error is happening for me.
I'll print the contents of http_host to check the value.

 Never mind, I just saw the APT function installed web2py 1.99.7
(2012-03-04).   I imagine a couple things have changed since then.

reinstalling web2py