I'm on Windows with the same web2py and Python versions.

On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 7:00:16 PM UTC-4, Alex wrote:

> I don't think a test app is that simple to create. It needs a db,
> auth_user table, user entry with memberships, login form ... because the
> issue only occurs if you're logged in.

Just start with the welcome app -- it has everything you need. Just
register a single user and log in.

> It is true that the pickled sessions are different after iterating the
> user_groups as confirmed by Anthony.

Yes, but it appears that the pickling itself (in your code) leads to that
issue. The real question, though, is whether the session file is
overwritten on each request, and if you just iterate over auth.user_groups
(with no pickling code), it does not appear that the session file is in
fact overwritten.

So, start with a fresh copy of the welcome app, register a user, log in,
and add some code to iterate over auth.user_groups. Then observe directly
the mtime of the session file and see if it changes with each request. If
so, pack the application and post it here.

Anthony